Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Last Blog Post

Hello everyone, i know it has been a couple weeks since the last time I wrote. I have recently returned home due the the medical issues that I have been having. I thought this would be a lot harder on me than it has been. I mean I had to come home early from my mission! One would think that this would be devastating. I am sad, I am sad that I am no longer in France, this country i have grown to love so much. I am sad that my time was cut a little short but I am not at all devastated. Why???

The Friday before General Conference was a rough day for me. After being stuck in the office for about 2 months, with nothing to do, I was going a little crazy. My mission President mentioned to me the other day that maybe I should try to really seek some personal revelation while listening to the conference that weekend. I decided I needed to make it a matter of fasting and prayer. During the 2 days of conference during multiple talks I had this over whelming feeling that I was going to go home and that everything would be okay. I couldn't comprehend this feeling at 1st. Did I just receive revelation that was going to have to go home early??? it made no sense.  on that Sunday after the 1st season of conference i went out into the hall and saw one of my recent converts Ferdinand! I was so happy to see him and i went up to him and asked him how things are going. he said that he was actually about to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and that he wanted me to join in the circle. As i was standing there with my hand upon his head, i heard the spirit whisper to me, "Behold, the fruits of your labor, well done, you have been faithful, you have fulfilled your mission." I literally just started crying.  To have the confirmation that the work you have done is acceptable in the eyes of the Lord is literally the best thing ever. I don't know another way to describe it.  I gathered my self before the ordination was complete. Afterwards a girl came up to me and introduced herself as Ferdinand's daughter. I had no idea he a daughter. I was transferred out of the area before he was baptized. She looked at me and said, "how did you do it?" "how did you find my father?" She then went on to explain that just 3 months earlier she was baptized by her father. "You have no idea what this gospel has done for our family!" "I have wanting to meet you!" "I wanted to meet the man who changed our lives forever." SO at this point there was no holding back the tears. It was impossible. That was my final confirmation. I knew for sure now that I was going home but it was okay because God was happy with the sacrifice I had given him the past year and a half.  It was going to be okay.

The next day I found out from President that I was going to have to go home. Most missionaries who get this news would break down, be devastated but I was not. WHY? Because I had received a spiritual confirmation from the Lord that this was part of the plan for me.  

Adjusting to post mission life isn't that bad. I still find myself accidentally speaking french to the guy at the verizon store or forgetting tons of peoples names but its all good. I am just so happy that i was able to end my mission on the note I did.  The mission did so many things for me. I can't even began to express how my mission affected me. But the most important thing I learned was to rely on my Father in Heaven, to trust him in all things even when life is hard.

I wanted to thank you all for all the prayers on my behalf  during this time. I can tell you they really did help me.
Me, Ferdinand, and his daughter