Monday, August 5, 2013

Week #12 - August 5, 2013


Dear Family & Friends,

Well this pass week has been awesome. Yesterday was Emiliannes baptism and she asked me to baptize her. It was such a cool experience. None of her kids have supported her in her decision to be baptized but two of them showed up to the baptism. You could tell they felt the Spirit. After the baptism she got up and bore her testimony, she talked about how her kid's didn't support her but she knew she had to follow her heart and get baptized. I think we might actually start teaching one of her kids now. Hopefully we can get her family baptized, we have a huge focus on baptizing families because this is what is going really start making the church strong in France.

We are currently teaching a man from Brazil named Ricardo. He is super open about religion but also super super Catholic. But he loves us! He invited us over for dinner the other night and we had a feast!! He is such a chill guy hopefully he starts to progress more!

Elder Webber has really been pushing me to embrace the "culture" of smelly cheese. It's been a challenge because I just can't put something in my mouth that smells like skunk.....  The taste isn't bad at all, it's just the smell!!! But I bet that I will slowly get use to it.

Oh, and we accidently broke the Word of Wisdom. We were at a investigators house and they asked if we wanted wine, we said no but then they asked if cider was okay. Apparently French cider still has alcohol. It tasted like cough syrup. I now know to avoid cider too.

Well today is the 1st day of my 2nd transfer, crazy to think I've already been here for 6 weeks. Time sure does fly.

Sorry there are no pictures this week. I have some from the baptism but the computer I am on isn't letting me upload them. Next week!

Love you all,
Elder Sughroue