Monday, August 11, 2014

Week #64 - August 11th, 2014

So everyone. this week was rough. still trying to get my hip issue figured out but France's medical system is horrible so it's taking a while. 

In the begininng of the week I went to Cherbourg on exchanges with Elder Jennes. He has been out for 3 months now so it was cool to go with a younger missionary. We got there and we had a RDV with on of their investigators. He lived like a 20 minute walk away uphill. Which normally isn't to bad but with my hip it killed me. But we got there and were able to teach the Law of Tithing. I was really impressed by how well he accepted it. As we shared Malachi 3:10  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.  He was willing to pay tithing because he knows the Lord keeps his promises. Such an awesome testimony builder. 

The next day we had a RDV with these 3 guys from Nigeria. We met them at a park and they just sat on a bench as we stood there and taught them. One was Christian and the others were Muslim. They seemed pretty cool and we just talked about the importance of prayer. We set up another RDV with them and hopefully it will all go well! 


This week since I have had a lot of time indoors I was able to read a lot. I was reading a talk by Elder Uchtdorft "Grateful In Any Circumstances". I suggest that everyone read this talk. my favorite line ,"When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement. In the cold of bitter sorrow, we can experience the closeness and warmth of heaven’s embrace.

 This week I have really seen how true it is that if we are grateful even in our trials we will have an inner peace.  

Love you all have a great week,
Elder Sughroue

Elder Sughroue - Cherboug, France